- HTML: Lets you add content to a web page.
- CSS: Specifies the layout, style, alignment of web pages.
Looking for a place to hone your JS skills? Grab a web hosting plan and get all the essential web master tools to turn your code into responsive websites!
- You do not need a compiler because web browsers interpret it with HTML;
- It’s easier to learn than other programming languages;
- Errors are easier to spot and therefore to correct;
- It can be assigned to certain web page elements or specific events such as clicks or mouseovers;
- JS works across multiple browsers, platforms, etc;
- It makes websites more interactive and holds visitors’ attentions;
- It’s faster and more lightweight than other programming languages.
- Vulnerable to exploits;
- Can be used to execute malicious code on a user’s computer;
- Not always supported by different browsers and devices;
- JS code snippets are quite large;
- Can be rendered differently on different devices leading to inconsistency.
Let’s take a look at a few of the most popular programming languages:
|HTML||Short for “Hypertext Markup Language”, HTML is one of the most common programming languages on the web and forms the building blocks of a web page. Examples of HTML tags include <p> for paragraphs and <img> for images.|
|CSS||CSS stands for “Cascading Style Sheets” and allows webmasters to specify styles and to define the way that different types of content are displayed. You could do this manually for every element in the HTML, but by doing it in the CSS you save yourself from repeatedly having to specify how elements are displayed every time you use them.|
What you need to know:
- It is developed by Netscape, it’s now used on 92% of websites;
- JS can be assigned to certain web page elements or events like clicks;
- It works across different browsers and devices;
- It’s faster and more lightweight than other programming languages;
- Can be less secure than other options due to its popularity;
And of course, if you have any further questions, then you should let us know in the comments!