How to Display WordPress Cookie Notice Without Any Plugins
In this article, we will show you how to display the cookie notice on a WordPress website without using any plugins. Let’s check it out!
Why Do We Need a Cookie Notice?
It doesn’t matter whether your website is based in Europe, chances are that EU visitors are still visiting it, therefore becoming a subject to the EU Cookie Laws.
Besides, adding a cookie notice for your WordPress website doesn’t cost a dime and is easy to implement! It’s also an important aspect of complying with WordPress GDPR.
How to Display WordPress Cookie Notice Without a Plugin
Adding unnecessary plugins to your WordPress site may slow down. So, it’d be wise to limit plugin installations and tweaking everything manually, if possible.
To display WordPress cookie notice, follow these simple steps:
- Generate cookie notice code by visiting WebsitePolicies.
- Head to Configuration wizard section and personalize a cookie notice template by adjusting its position, layout, color, and its custom text.
- You can preview the template you’re creating using the Click to preview option.
- Once you’re done, press Copy code.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance -> Theme Editor.
- Locate header.php file under Theme Files.
- Open the file and paste the code under the <head> tag.
- Click on Update File to save your changes.
If you to check if your settings are live, simply visit your website. Make sure your cookie notice is showing and works properly.
How to Discourage Search Engines from Indexing this Site in WordPress (Easy Way)
WordPress Custom Fields: What They Are and Ways to Add Them to Posts and Pages
Why You Need WordPress Schema Markup and How to Add it to Your Site
WordPress Breadcrumbs – A Comprehensive Guide to Add Breadcrumbs to Your WordPress Site
WordPress Sitemap: What It Is and How to Create One
There you have it! Your website now complies with the EU Cookie Laws, and you’ve learned how to display WordPress Cookie Notice by merely pasting the generated code. Here’s a quick recap:
- Generate a free cookie notice code from WebsitePolicies.
- Copy-paste the code to your header.php file on WordPress.
That was pretty easy, right? Good luck!